jiyongness


G-Dragon for "GQ Korea"
at November 2012





Interview:

1. During the shooting, you were more serious than before.
GD: Do I seem lightweight?

2. I thought you would have a ball.
GD:Well, I enjoy doing music, but shooting is different with music because it's not the thing that I can do well, so I usually get a bit nervous to reduce mistakes during the shooting.

3. I remember when you sang "I'm 13 years old.". Is there any difference from the past?
GD: Umm.. I don't feel any different about my opinion that I will continue to do music as I get older. Surrounding conditions are different from the past. It was difficult to find music and listen to it, difficult to be on the stage. I'm happy that I can do whatever I want now. This surrounding condition is good to make my image. Well, others might envy me, but I think I worked so harder than they worked Seems like.. reward? Yes so I feel relaxed these days.

4. You said "G-Dragon, whatever they say." in the song "I'm 13 years old" and "The boy". There's no change, right?
GD: Yes. At that time, I did like that to show me even if there's nothing inside me. But now,hm.. there's something inside me.

5. You did collaboration with Ambush of Verbal. What made you like him?
GD: I like them because they are now much major. Musicians have their own brand and build up their power. It seems very cool. And that is what I want to do someday, so I asked a lot of questions when I met Verbal first.

6. It's familiar that others feature G-Dragon's music, but it's a bit unfamiliar that G-Dragon features others' music.This case is the latter one. How was it?
GD: This's the thing that I don't know. I tried to learn many things from them because they already achieved good results. They are like.. seniors who can teach me good things which are useful to me when I'm launching my own brand.

7. Is there still something that you want to have?
GD: Something that I want... now? I really want to have Yves Saint Laurent, though it aren't out yet. Because I've liked Hedi Slimane since I was young. I don't see collection yet, but I really want to see and to have it as soon as it comes out.

8. There is nothing that you can't have, right?
GD: Honestly, there's nothing. I can get if I try to get...

9. It seems like Big Bang is getting back to Hip-Hop since Bad Boy.
GD: From the very start, Big Bang have been a Hip-Hop group although it takes 5-6 years to get back to Hip-Hop. We thought people would follow us if we did idol's music first, did something else that people liked, gained popularity, and after that, did music we wanted. So I think we're doing Hip-Hop little by little and secretly. Our final aim is that popularizing Hip-Hop again.

10. Music and fashion are the one thing, right?
GD:Yes. People call me fashionista, but.. it's a bit.. embarrassing. Of course I'm very thankful but because I like music, I like fashion so I do like that. But there are many people who can dress very well. I occasionally saw foreigners who dressed well, and sometimes copied them...

Source: GKGD@DCGD
Interview Translation: @LueKim

credit: bigbangupdates.com

Categories: ,

Leave a Reply